Tuesday, September 15, 2009

remembering old friends during a 'sahur'

Its good to make new friends, but the feeling is nicer when meeting the old ones. During break fasting in Intekma yesterday, I happened to meet Hazrul Anuar and Zaki Kadir with wife Juliana and children, Zahid and Kasih. We were colleagues in the Intekma's marketing and pr department which I once headed. Now Hazrul is a successful General Manager of Intekma (with a wife and 2 children) and I am so proud and happy for him while Zaki is doing well in a firm (I can't remember whether it is a construction or property one). Both of them had been serious marketers and workaholic during our old times in Intekma. Everywhere I've been after that, no one could match their hard work and dedication. I could still remember those challenging times when we were to present the business plan to the General Manager - few days before the Day, we worked round the clock and only left the office after midnight and on the last preparation day we went home at 6 am, had shower and appeared at the office again at 9am. Pheww... But we were younger and our spirits were very high then. Hazrul even told the students (oh, forgot to mention that I went there with the mpps and Ama) that I used to be very 'garang' during those days. I think I have mellowed much especially since I left the marketing line to be with the student affairs now.
I hope we could meet again, this time with other ex-colleagues. We had been like one big family before, reciting surahs every day (during En Azmi Kassim's days as GM), having briefing sessions every day (the length of each briefing is like a meeting) and having breakfast lunch and sometimes dinner together. And those memories linger on.... We drove one round of Intekma to have the sight seeing of its night ambiance before we left heading for our onward destinations. Thanks Syafizal, Fauzi, Amal, Zeela and Ama....
 
....considered to be my serious sahur after being on milk-mode since 3 sept 2009. Maybe I have lost few pounds due to this but Zaki, Juliana and others in Intekma found me 'obese' now. Syafizal even asked me how thin I was before and I answered slim enough to wear shirts and blouses tucked into skirts and pants. Those were the days .....


Fauzi posted a Kenny G's Breathless in the FB while I was listening to Kitaro's Caravansary. Its real nice to hear them in the wee hours of the morning. DH was listening to them too, since he tidur-tidur ayam on the couch in this study room.



Just a while ago, me amor video-called me. Its 6.12pm in Hamilton and they (he and his house mates) were about to prepare dishes for berbuka - 'Abang Ayi nak masak ayam masak kurma'. I've got to e mail him recipes on chicken and tomyam soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment