Tuesday, September 29, 2009

bravo ex-comrade

Last Thursday I was at the Tesco as an escapism from a 'boringness' being at home alone - mak stayed for two nights at her one and only sister's place in Gombak, dh and aina day-balik kampung in Hulu Langat. I dropped by the office for two hours only to witness cold and still office since everyone was still away celebrating their rayas. As I was passing by the plant aisle, sat on a wheelchair in front of me was a familiar figure of a man whom I've known used to be full of vibrant, talkative and cheerful. Though hesitated at first (fear he might not recognize and just ignore me), I smiled at him and said, Haji Fesal? He smiled back and replied, Hajah ada sini tengah beli barang. Not sure myself on whether to ask him on his health condition or not, i said, ok haji saya pergi cari hajah.

At the perishable section, I almost cried with joy when I saw Hajah Azmahton. Masya allah, she doesn't change an inch, still look as young as the last time I saw her - more than 8 years ago. We had a long chat relaying all the happenings in our work and family lives in the past 8 years. She lost a grown-up daughter to meningitis, (fondly called kakteh whom at that time studied is UIA). I remembered what a fair and fine girl kakteh used to be. A year after that Hj Fesal got his leg amputated due to diabetes (that being the reason he is now on a wheelchair). Ya Allah tears almost rolling down my cheek listening to all she had gone thru in all those years - Earlier she had lost the only son and another 2 children in their infants. She is now a Senior Deputy Bursar and the sole breadwinner of her family which now consists of a hubby and 5 girls. But her face doesn't show even the slightest of sadness but only redha.

Though taller in height compared to her, yet I felt so small and inferior - to her determination, calmness, patience and expression of devotion to Allah. All praises be unto Allah, the All knowing, Most Gracious, most Merciful. Before we depart, she handed me an invitation card to her daughter's wedding to be held in December. Till we meet again friend,  may God bless you with happiness, love and laughter too ....and everything else that makes your life a happy one for you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment