Monday, December 22, 2008

Back On The PC

Its been almost a week since I last updated the blog. Last week was a very busy week. The University I am working in won the 2nd place in the Malaysian Siswasat (can satellite) competition http://www.angkasa.gov.my/siswasat/about.html. I missed the lecturer who 'brainchild' the canned-nano satellite model who had last year positioned the University as champion in not only the National Siswasat Championship but also the International Cansat Competition in Madrid, Spain. He has left us for UiTM Terengganu and I hope I could visit him some time in the near future. I feel the university should have kept this very young 'einstein' with the engineering faculty here! I hope this year the university can win the 1st placing in the International Competiton in Paris. I wouldn't mind having to pay for my travelling fare to Paris subjected to then I may proceed to Toronto, Canada.

I burnt the midnight oil last Thursday to finish a working paper for a supposed to be a Friday 9am-meeting only to be told then that the meeting was postponed to the 3 pm-meeting. I slept in the car with the aircond on parked under the shades of the palm trees. Wow! What a great afternoon nap. I gave a piece of my mind to those 'smarties' who thought that student enrolment marketing is just some distribution of university brochures work! These people missed the words 'strategos' in their vocabulary or never ever bought a 'dictionary'. Jerks.

This morning I gave the 'boss' a lengthy information about my office when he visited me. Only at the end I found out that its too much to be 'absorbed' in 60 minutes. I put the 'minutes' of the discussion on paper and will present to him as 'discussion notes' tomorrow so as to make it more 'chewable'. I 'interviewed' him on his vision and objectives and soon I found out though little about his submarine and rocket projects! Wow! He's an 'einstein' too! So that will answer the positioning of the university in the few months to come. SOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment