Thursday, October 8, 2009

cute princess having a high fever


Aina is having a high fever again @ 39.9-40.0 C. This means mama will have to stay all night in the study room by her side to monitor every hour and sponge bathe her. Since her first month until 2 years old she used to cause alarm to her parents - by having fits alongside even a slight fever. The neighbours were being noted and more often than not, they took the trouble to send her to smc (then only noting us, her parents). Every time she went into fits, I went into phobia - it caused tears and pains to me - every of those times, I felt like almost losing her. Even she is almost 12  11 years of age now and responded well to prescribed dosage of fever medication, I wouldn't take any chance and continue to nurse her to ensure she is totally free from fits and its symptoms.

Here are the lyrics of a beautiful poem by Mary A. Loberg.

A Mother's Prayer

Help me dear Lord, as a mother, I pray
And bless these hands folded in prayer today;
May they be ever strong as they guide, as they teach,
Beings never too far for a child to reach.
May they never, with selfishness, try to dissuade,
Nor too quickly punish, nor too slowly aid.
May they point out the pleasures in laughter and song,
And may they show, wisely, the right from the wrong,
So that one day I'll know that I've helped all I can
To make her a woman, to make him a man.





No comments:

Post a Comment